Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Party Week




Well, our "little" one is now 5!!!!

This was his 'magic' age--so he is feeling pretty good about himself currently. Of course this morning as I was brushing his teeth he told me that he is looking forward to being 6--


Last week, the Caldeira family came to visit for the week. The guys worked during the day, so the game plan was for Melissa and I to take them to the lake each day to wear them out--can you believe that we had terrible weather the whole time????? We did finally get sun on Saturday though-the day of the party. The kids seemed to have a good time playing and eating popsicles (though Jack ate enough popsicles for about 8 kids!). Clay and Veronica picked up Trevor on Friday and got here on Friday night.


We had a great party. We invited 2 other families, which made for LOTS of kids since we all have bigger families! We did a Transformer party and had a pinata. After the party, we all had a snack and headed to the lake. The Caldeira's left for home from the lake and after awhile, the rest of us headed home. We BBQ'd burgers and had another "friendly" game of Phase 10 with Clay and Veronica--I think I won this time! (sorry Clay!)


Also last week, my friend Martha had baby #4!!!!!!!!!! Kally Brooke got here on June 8! She is such a cutie and I can't wait to meet her!! Other big news--my newphew Chris turned 11; nephew Orion turned 6; my cousin, Roxanne's oldest, Cameron AND my bestest friend, Marnie's oldest, Kyle AND Trevor all graduated from high school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So many awesome and blessed stages of life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. That's a whole lot of activity Darlene! My house has been like Grand Central with visitors or family for various reasons (Kally being the bigger reason obviously). I don't remember who I was talking to but I was just saying how a trip to Camp Omak would REALLY hit the spot right now. This Bellevue pace is a killer right now and I could use some internet-free-lack-of-cell-reception-time-with-friends! :) For now I'll have to settle for living through your blog though. The party sounds like it was very fun. I thought of you guys for sure this weekend. I'm glad the sun popped out for Jack's party. What a bummer that a whole week of potential lake time was blown by bad weather...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious Friend,

    What an amazing lady you are! I love your optimism and your endless hospitality. You always look to the 'Son'shine in a situation and it ministers to my heart greatly. What a BIG week of celebration. You are such a beautiful wife, mother and friend. I can't wait to hear all about Kally when you meet her. She is beautiful! Blessings to you dear friend.
    Love, Marnie

    ReplyDelete