Saturday, March 27, 2010

Springtime Saturday!

I love these quite spring days. For the last week or so, we have had 80-100 ducks on our pond. They swim around in little 'family' groups. When the wind is not blowing you can hear them quacking and splashing. Our resident blue jay has not appeared in a few weeks. Hopefully he'll be back (even though he does eat A LOT of bird seed!).
Jeremy has been working on fence lines to enclose the pasture we are going to use for our goats. I think that we are going to wait until after Veronica's wedding to bring them home, since Dora is due to give birth the first week of May. We just really feel it's better not to move her so close to birthing time. We are actually feeling a bit better about it--not quite the rush to get everything ready! :)
I just read about a new book that I think I'm going to buy, and with just the review I read in Hobby Farm Homes, I would recommend it. It's called: 'Radical Homemakers: Reclaiming Domesticity from a Comsumer Culture' by Shannon Hayes www.radicalhomemakers.com
~~"redifining what 'wealth' means and moving away from the images media and society feed us that more and bigger is better"~~ Check it out--interesting!!
Enjoy the day!!!

1 comment:

  1. that book *does* sound good. sounds like a book we would have chosen to use in our mentoring studies, doesn't it... :) I'm gonna see if the library has it...

    ReplyDelete