Monday, March 22, 2010

Home Again

Well, I'm finally home AND the computer is working!! I have been wedding shower hopping and also had the opportunity to go on Calvary Chapel Eastside's women's retreat. Veronica's first bridal shower was the end of February and was simply beautiful! Many women from church attended and she ended up with lots of fun kitchen stuff and cute personal items! The 2nd weekned in March I went on the CCE women's retreat. It was really small-maybe 28 women. It was so awesome having a small group-you actually get a chance to talk to others! I was up VERY early on Friday and picked up Veronica and Melissa in Kirkland and we headed up north to Sumas. On the way home we went to the outlet mall--and ended up really needing to boogie since I forgot to set the clock in my car ahead. Thank goodness Melissa noticed--Oh, on Friday night, Veronica, Melissa, Martha and I managed to get lost in the darkness of farmland after picking up snacks!
My dad ended up in the hospital the Saturday that we were at the retreat, but did get out on Tuesday. After only 3 days home, I headed out with Jack this last Thursday to Tenino (20 mi. south of Olympia). We stayed one night with my parents and then headed to Bill and Leanne's house. Cooked some yummy desserts on Friday to ready us for Veronica's family bridal shower on Saturday. Another beautiful party!! Saw ladies there that I have know anywhere from 20-24 years, many of which I haven't seen in probably 10 years! A couple of ladies brought their daughters--wow, they are ALL grown up. Which we all decided was really strange since none of us had aged at all! LOL!!
Got home about 2pm yesterday (Sunday). Jeremy left again for the other side of the mountains to work this am. Hopefully he will be home Wednesday pm or early on Thursday.

Oh, we are getting goats in a couple of weeks!!!!!! They are already named Dora and Boots. Dora is due to have a baby sometime in May! The farm is growing and I'm continuing to educated myself on farm life--my current reading: the FFA manuel on raising goats!! :)

Have a great night!!

3 comments:

  1. If we ever got goats, they'd have to be named Goaty and Mile Rose... Elise's imaginary goat friends since she was 2 or 3... we still hear of their adventures, but not nearly as often anymore... sigh. :)
    OK, so we have to come visit after the goats arrive at your farm now! :)
    -Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rebecca--can I follow your blog???

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I can figure out how to get back into it and invite you, I will... but I think I haven't written in it in about two years!! Sad, I know. I don't think blogging is fitting in with my life right now... but posting random thoughts on facebook is a lot easier! ha! :)

    ReplyDelete