Monday, August 30, 2010

Social/Sick/Training

Yes, I am here and still alive! August can be summed up in three words: social/sick/training
Social and sick actually go together in the sense that we had LOTS of wonderful visits: My sweet friend Martha and her kids drove out to visit for a week. On the first morning she was here, Martha's little Eric threw up. It was quick and he was back to hard core playing and running within an hour--weird, but we went with it. We had such a great time and were even able to hold conversations at times that were more deep than, "Do you want a hot dog or chicken nuggets???" LOL The day before Martha was heading out (Sunday), my brother Alan and his family came! Yes, on Sunday night we had a grand total of 15 people in the house: 5 adults and 10 kids!!!! It was not as crazy as one would of thought! Sunday night about midnight, Jeremy and I found Trevor walking in our room and heading for the bathroom.......you guessed it sickness flowing from his back end. As I was tending to him, Jeremy went to Trevor's room and found that he had threw up EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!! Oh goody!!!!! So, we got that all cleaned up and got him settled back in bed. Too bad for me though because literally EVERY hour and a half he was sick from both ends, if you know what I mean! So, on Monday morning Martha headed home (well, probably running since I doubt she wanted to get sick again, which if you follow Martha on her blog, you will have noticed that Bridget got sick again.....). Monday was visiting and hoping that Trevor recovered quickly since his birthday was on Tuesday! Alan and Jeremy did take Julie on the grand tour on Okanogan and Omak--she was highly impressed! :) Tuesday was Trevor's 18th birthday!!! He was feeling better, so we headed for Omak Lake for the day!! Met up with the Kinzle family--soooo much fun!!!!!!! Wednesday all is good until lunch time, when my nephew Chris gets sick at lunch......Wed. about 10:30 pm my neice Paityn gets it. My other neice Syrenah feel AWESOME this whole time!! :) Alan's family heads out on Thursday afternoon. Thursday night; Friday night and all day Saturday Jeremy and I are at foster parent training classes. Oh, yes, I'm sick all day Friday. We had the last of our training classes this last Thurs; Fri; and Sat. and are done with those!!!!!!! We were so blessed to have our precious friends take time to care for the boys while we were gone!! :)
In the midst of this month, I should mention (for whatever reason) that 3 out of 4 weeks of August Jeremy was out of town working! ~~even with all the craziness, it was a great month with lots of memories!!

2 comments:

  1. OUT OF CONTROL! You are an amazing friend/hostess. I'm so sorry the sick bug followed us to your farm. Bleh! Glad you are back to a more normal life soon, you must be exhausted by now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about the bug--we have not been sick in quite sometime, so I think we were due! :) I didn't realize it was so crazy until I started writing trying to figure out what in the world happened to August!! LOL Can't wait to see you and your new limo!!

    ReplyDelete