Monday, January 16, 2012

THE HOMEMAKER--

THE HOMEMAKER
By Unknown Author

My days are days of small affairs,
Of trifling worries, little cares,
A lunch to pack, a tea to make,
A room to sweep, a pie to bake,
A hurt to less, a tear to dry,
A head to brush, a bow to tie,
A face to wash, a rent to mend,
A meal to plan, a fuss to end,
A hungry husband to be fed,
A sleep child to put to bed.
I, who'd hoped someday to gain
Success, perhaps a bit of fame,
Must give my life to small affairs
Of trifling worries, little cares.
But, should tomorrow bring a change,
My little house grow still and strange-
Should all the cares I have today
Be swept, quite suddenly, away-
Where now a hundred duties press
Be but an ache of loneliness,
No child's gay ribbons to be tied,
No wayward little feet to guide,
To heaven I would raise my prayers,
"Oh God, give back my little cares."

1 comment:

  1. that is so beautiful :) not anoymous- Dee Dee H

    ReplyDelete