Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Jack's Room

Oh, I forgot to explain a little of Jack's room. He has decided to make our downstairs bedroom his room. He says that he likes sleeping with his toys. So for the past week or so, he has been happily sleeping downstairs while the rest of us continue upstairs. Though he says that when we have guests over, he will let them borrow the room. If he wakes up in the night, he walks up to my room; wakes me up and asks me to sit with him downstairs. So down we go -me trying not to kill myself as I'm sleep walking down the stairs.
It is interesting that he is doing this. Up until the last year, he was actually afraid to go upstairs by himself if everyone else was down. Now he is ok with sleeping on a different floor? Go try and figure the mature 5 year old brain........

5 comments:

  1. What a day! I had to laugh at the thought of miss'escape goat' with her hind quarters in the air. What a sight! Well done on the fence. You are amazing. We will have to call you Wendy from time to time! Jack is growing up! What a big man he is. I sure hope you can see that movie tonight. Our men loved it so much. I adored the little girls love of stuffed animals and could so relate. I think you will too Dar!

    So glad you posted!!!

    Love, Marnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) You have great grace to rescue crying goats in the morning and to go downstairs with the little manchild. Our kids have to sleep on the floor by our bed if they want company after waking up in the middle of the night. They are in danger of being stepped on, but that's a different story. Good job getting the house picked up. How's that baby-proofing going for the foster thing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby proofing is moving along. I have a 'small' list of things for us to do! :) The big thing now is going through this questionaire that we both have to fill out individually. It is 16 pages long! Open ended questions--it's like an essay test! LOL (describe you relationship w/ your family growing up and currently; describe your home growing up; your personality ; how friends and family see you; your relationships w/ partner and children; how are differences resolved) Most of the questions I have never really thought of before!
    We saw the movie!!!!! It was AWESOME!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and Martha, I don't know how much grace I actually have--I just want to sleep at those times!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must have lots of grace Darlene because you DON'T sleep in those times. I'd roll over and ignore crying goats and shoo away sleepy children. :)

    ReplyDelete