Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Atmosphere




There is much atmosphere around here these days! On this last Saturday, we got four goats!! We received them from our dear friends Sam and Daniela who, due to a new city ordinance, were unable to keep themselves. So, we received the blessing of them GIVING us the goats. The mom is the goat with no horns. Her name is Dora. The one with horns is Dora's daughter, Boots, who was one year old this March. Dora gave birth to twins on April 26: Lucy has ears that stick out like Dora and Edmund has floppy ears like Boots. For those who want to know the types of goats: Dora is a purebread Saanan goat and the father of Boots, Lucy and Edmund is a purebred Nubian. They are a wonderful addition to our farm. Jack is so excited about the whole thing! He says: "Finally, we have a normal farm!" Well, I don't know how 'normal' we are--but we are here! Even though Dora is still nursing the twins, you have to milk the mama goat once per day to help with milk production. So in case you didn't figure it out yet....yes, I am milking a goat. A very funny experience. I feel like an idiot out there, but you know, if little kids can do it, then by golly so can I! Jeremy is working in Bellevue for the next 3 weeks or so, only coming home on the weekends, so needless to say, I'm forced to quickly learn on the job--which is probably good since otherwise I may just sit back with some lemonade and watch him! LOL


I just finished reading the book, "I Dared to Call Him Father". Marnie had recommended it to me--WOW! I really don't know what else to say. I was trying to read it fast because I wanted to know what was going to happen, but at the same time needed to read slow so that I wouldn't miss anything! I learned many things by reading this book. But one of the things is knowing when the presence of the Lord is with me or not--and noticing, if I do leave His presence, to ask forgiveness. Peace will reign if we are as one with Him.


The weather is turning warm and so beautiful. Jack and I are heading out to Omak Lake for the first lake run of the season!! Can't wait!! Just need to find the sunscreen................


3 comments:

  1. Those are the cutest goats EVER!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to make a smart remark about not needing sunscreen and then I remembered where you live and what the lake is like, so disregard my invisible sunscreen remarks. ;)

    Good job on the goat pictures. I can't wait to meet them. I've heard of that book but don't remember anything about it at all. You'll have to fill me in because it sounds great. Miss you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog Darlene. I love you too!

    ReplyDelete