Thursday, May 27, 2010

Camp Omak

Well, technically we should call it Camp Okanogan, since we don't technically live in Omak.......
Yes, a girl weekend. Only adults (and little babies, like Peaches). A weekend sometime in late spring/early summer of 2011. Those that are interested, please pray about this! I'm seeing eating yummy food; fellowship; a devotion each day; walks/hikes; maybe going to farmers market; eating.........

Today, Jack and I were going to head out to town for awhile, but a big wind and rain storm is currently going on, so I think we will put a fire in the wood stove and just be at home again today. We will try again tomorrow.
I've been working on putting things in the car that we simply do not need or use so that it can be donated. It's very exciting --my closet is getting bigger and bigger! :) Now I just need to go through the large pile of papers!

Have a blessed day!
2 Samuel 22:31
As for God, His way is perfect; The word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the awesome verse. I love it! Camp Omak is easier to spell Dar! Haha. I love the idea of a women's retreat. Maybe there will be another $10 flight special before 2011! I will be watching and praying. God can make a way and I am excited! Have a blessed, big wind blowing, safe inside day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am SO excited for Camp Omak (good luck convincing us to use Okanogan!). I am planning on not going to the women's retreat next year because of Peaches so an alternative weekend of fellowship would be such a huge treat. I would absolutely love it and would be happy to work out a carpool for those of use who will need it to get from, say the Airport, to the other side of the world, I mean Washington. Hiking and doing devotions and eating lots of yummy food sounds like so much fun. I will definitely be praying about this with great sincerity!

    Darlene, I'm feeling that "urge to purge (the closet)" too. I was JUST going to go and pull out some clothing and shoes I never use and put them in a giveaway bag. I might even drop it by Goodwill today, but it is looking gray and gross outside again so the motivation might evaporate before things make it to the car. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I agree that Omak is soooooo much easier to spell!!!
    I find it interesting that all of us have become aware at about the same time the importance of 'purge our stuff'! I've had a hard time with some things because of emotional attachment....but it's coming along!

    Yes, continue to pray for our time next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way everyone---I LOVE our little 'blogging' community!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, Camp Omak, I'm in! Maybe Martha and I can carpool.

    Okay, ladies, those of you cleaning out the closets, I claim your knits for upcycled dresses and hoodies!! Believe it or not, my stash is actually running low.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa, the Stuff Swap is on Sunday and there will be things there for sure. I'll try to keep my eyes out for things here too but I think most of it has left the closet already...

    And we can TOTALLY carpool! :)

    ReplyDelete